Mazuri® Tortoise LS Diet
Mazuri® Tortoise Diet is a low-starch, high-fiber tortoise food for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This tortoise food offers complete nutrition in pellet form and contains yucca to help reduce ammonia odors.
Ground Timothy Hay, Ground Soybean Hulls, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Oat Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Cane Molasses, Dried Apple Pomace, Ground Flaxseed, Carrageenan, Ground Oats, Rice Flour, Wheat Germ, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Sucrose, Fructose, Artificial Flavors, Soybean Oil, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Biotin, Yucca schidigera Extract, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Rosemary Extract, Carotene, Citric Acid (a Preservative), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Nicotinic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite Cobalt Carbonate.
- Feed tortoises approximately 1-4% of body weight per day.
- A 10 lb (4.5 kg) tortoise will typically consume between 1/2 cup (45 g) to 2 cups (180 g) per
day depending on activity level, environmental temperatures and life stage.
- It is not necessary to moisten pellets with water. However, soaking the product may help to
acclimate tortoises to the diet. If moistened, the diet should be replaced at least twice daily.
- Provide good quality forage such as grass hay or browse and fresh clean water daily. Proper
humidity levels are also critical for health and proper growth of herbivorous reptiles.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables may be provided, but at no more than 20% of the total diet.
- Thoroughly wash feeding and watering bowls on a regular basis. It is always good practice to
wash hands thoroughly after feeding and/or handling pets. This diet is not for human
IMPORTANT: A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices followed. Always provide reptiles with adequate natural light or a light source which supplies sufficient UV radiation between the wavelengths of 280 and 315 nm.
For best results store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Starch not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Vitamin A not less than
Vitamin E not less than
Total Microorganisms not less than
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Enterococcus faecium)
Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Features & Benefits
- High fiber level and Low Starch – Grass hay based diet.
- Contains vitamins A natural vitamin E – For eye and skin health.
- Contains live probiotics – Helps support gastrointestinal health.
- No artificial colors.
Product Form: Extruded pellet: 1/4″ x 1/2″ length.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.